Friday, November 25, 2011

Extended Comments on Being an Ally- Brooke's Blog

Can I just say that the first thing I noticd and loved about Brooke's blog was that she had Born This Way by Lady Gaga.  Lady Gaga is just fantastic and I love how inspirational she is.  She really is a symbol of acceptance and loving everyone for who they are.  Second of all, I thought the three quotes that Brooke picked were very good points, and captured the essence of the article.  My favorite one was "I believe it is difficult for young people to grow up and become something they have never heard of."  This was my favorite quote when I originally read this article, because it's exactly how I intend to raise my children.  People don't get into a certain state of mind without someone to be an example of it.

We talked a lot about this issue in class, and one of the most important things I think you can do in life is be  an ally.  If you can stick up for someone, you can hopefully convince someone around you to be an ally as well.  Enough allies in the world will destroy ignorance and bullying.  Consider Jamie Rodemeyer.  At the age of 14, he killed himself because he did not have an ally.  If he had had a friend to be there when those kids were bullying him, his love and bright personality might still be here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment